Skip to main content

creative dinners and 5 ingredient cookies.

Sten and I are out of money for the month. Dave Ramsey would not be proud. Our envelopes are dry and it is my goal to not to go to the grocery store until April 1st. I have been very creative with dinners this week-- using up things in the pantry and the rest of my produce, and lots of things in the back of the freezer... Even my baking goods are low, but I found a great recipe using things I had. It is the easiest thing in the world and only requires 5 ing. and tastes GREAT! I found it on joy the baker blog and I want to share it with my readers!
Here it is:

Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

adapted from The Gourmet Cookbook

makes about 32 small cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

about 1/4 cup any fruit preserves you fancy

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. The dough will be crumbly. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and make a small indentation in the center of the dough ball with your pointer finger. Fill the depression with fruit preserves. Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.


<span class=flourless-peanut-butter-and-jelly-cookies.jpg">


Now, I SO hope you will try this, because it is so easy and so tasty. Sten LOVED it and I did too. I didn't know if I would like the "jelly" part, so I did half with choc chips in the middle, but we both liked the jelly ones better. Try it today!

Tomorrow is Wednesday and there are some exciting things planned for the weekend. (April 1st is Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday) aka the day we fill our envelopes back up!

xoxo. edc


Comments

  1. We have so been there! We didn't get creative though... we resorted to canned soup for awhile, which was sooooo gross. I hope things are better for you guys in April! Will definitely try this recipe - any cookie recipe that doesn't use butter is a great find for us, with Mark's cholesterol so high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! I made them today (with mint chocolate chips instead of the fruit preserve) they were delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment