Tollhouse Layer Cake.


I had a great weekend.
On Friday night I went with The Kate's to Tango Sur. It's a BYOB on Southport and I ate this:

It was delicious and so fun to hang out on a rainy night in the city.

On Saturday I worked in the morning and then took the Metra to Geneva for a Birthday celebration. I made the cake. I decided I needed to share my favorite Birthday cake with everyone so this post is dedicated to the cake my mom has been making me for years- Tollhouse Layer Cake:

CAKE:
1 cup butter, softened
1cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 pkg semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (use 1 cup in cake, and 1 cup in frosting)

FROSTING:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

CAKE:
Preheat oen to 350 degrees. Grease 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" baking pan. Line with waxed paper and spray paper with PAM. In bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins. Cool completely. Loosen sides of cake. Invert onto lightly floured surface. Peel off waxed paper. Cut cake crosswise into four equal sections. Spread 3 slightly rounded Tbls. frosting on one cake layer, top with second layer. Repeat layers. Frost with remaining frosting.

FROSTING:
Melt 1 cup chocolate chips on high 1 minute in microwave, stir; repeat. Stir until smooth. Set aside. In bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; blend until smooth.

Makes one 10" cake. Slice thin.




It was a hit!

ENJOY!

xoxo. erica danielle.

Comments

  1. Looks awesome! Will definitely try this recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah baby, that looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts