Artisan Bread

Today I ran and ran all day at the hotel. It was wonderful. I was busy. Life was moving at a fast pace. Last night I went to a PIM banquet and listened to Pastor Judy tell stories that made me cry, and said things that my ears needed to hear. I have a new outlook on life, and moving at a fast pace after last night. Judy said there are so many dates circled on our life calendar, and we are all looking forward to that circle- we miss all the dates in between. I am guilty of this. Right now I can't wait for Summer. Lately my thoughts seem to say- 'life will be easier in the summer, I will be 5 lbs lighter and tan in the summer, Sten won't be in school in the summer, we are going on vacation in the summer, ravina is in the summer, bike rides are in the summer....' What about now? What am I missing out on now? I am on a quest to live in the moment.... Don't know exactly how I am going to go about this, but I'm going to try real hard with a couple tips from Judy.
Slightly related, today I decided- I need to bake some artisan bread. Sten has been asking when I was going to make it again. And I REALLY wanted to share this recipe with you. It comes from a book called Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes a Day . Here is an easy to follow link to the recipe
sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

yeast. water. salt. basil

if i could pick one spice to use forever it would be basil.

notice there were no kneading photo's? thats because you don't have knead it. just let it RISE!

a little grape fruit sized ball o bread

in the oven with some water underneath so it gets crusty

mmmmmmm!
The recipe is kind of long and Sten just told me I need to get to bed :) so I don't want to type it out- but here it is....... I do want to tell you that the BEST part of this recipe is you can keep the dough in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, then when you want fresh bread, you take a grapefruit sized ball of dough out and bake it up and make your house smell amazing, and eat hot, fresh, bread-- your taste buds will most definitely thank you.

'Today is the only this day we will ever have' -jhp. isn't that the truth!
xoxo.

Comments

  1. I love this post. It is so true. Just reading that made me think that is exactly how I live my life! Thanks for writing this - it really it home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this bread last week... it's delicious! and easy! Thanks for sharing!! It was especially helpful to be able to refrigerate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts