Skip to main content

egg dying, cubs game, pizza arte...

Megan made these ADORABLE chick cupcakes from Martha Stewart.
Sten and I all bundled up for our first Cubs game of the season.

Old fashioned egg dying.
I don't know if you could call that beautiful or not?
This egg is special! We wrapped certain eggs in silk ties and then boiled them in vinegar water. The imprint of the fabric transferred onto the egg. Peter's turned out the best :)

Phew! What a whirlwind of a week! But a very good one, none the less. We were able to do so many fun things, it reminds me why I love living in the city. On Tuesday Sten and I went to Pizza Arte Cafe. What a hidden gem! It's a BYOB Italian joint right off the Rockwell stop. We had the time of our lives, tasting delicious food and talking about our day. We decided going out on a Tuesday made us feel way more adventurous then it should have. We have been stuck in this rut where we don't do anything during the week- but really... who said you can't go out on a Tuesday night? We broke some rules and it felt good!
On Wednesday we went to our first Cubs game of the season at Wrigley with a big group of friends. It was cold, but such a fun night. Felt so good to get out there and watch some baseball.
On Thursday we went to Kate and Peters for egg dying and Bulls watching! Katie is such a host, and she made lots of great food and then we wrapped eggs, dyed eggs, talked, watched Chicago sports RULE. It was just what I needed.

I have been really intentional this week about remembering how special this time is in a Christian's life. Sten and I decided to read the passages surrounding the Easter story in the Bible and he broke down readings for it each day. We would then talk about it over dinner. It was really special to me and made this week real in a lot of ways. I am so thankful for Sten and the way that he leads our family. I can't wait for the day when we have a kids and we get to read the Easter story with them and the share the GOOD news.

Tomorrow Jesus conquers death! Hallelujah! He is risen!
xoxo.



Comments

  1. Erica, those little chicks are SO cute! Sounds like a very fun (and busy) week. I hope you're enjoying this special weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are super neat, I'll have to give them a whirl! :)

    He has risen indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment