Petite lasagnas- try them you'll like them!

It's a beautiful morning in Chicago. My goal was to sleep in until 8a, but I woke up wide-eyed at 5:41a. I've already had a productive morning. I got and spent time doing my devotions and found out it had been too long since I have spent a significant time with God. I am making it my #1 priority this week. Last night Sten and I went to Willow Creek, and it was amazing. I love that church mostly because the heart of the church beats for the ones who are lost. I want to emulate that in my own life. I want to 'be about that' more than I ever have before. Driving home Sten and I couldn't wait for dinner. Before church I prepared everything to make these tasty morsels (from this amazing blog) so I could pop them in the oven when we got home. OH boy are they good! So fun to eat too. Enjoy!

Finished product... gooey, Italiany, and perfect.
I added the spinach for a little something extra, and omitted the mushrooms because Sten doesn't like them :)
First layer: wonton wrappers, ricotta cheese mixture.
Second layer: ground turkey, tomato, spinach, onion mixture
Third layer: a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Then, REPEAT!... Pop in the oven @ 375, for 10 mins.
Delicious and adorable.

Here's the recipe:
12 oz. ground turkey
1/4 tsp salt, pepper
1 onion, chopped
14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes- I used diced, because it was all I had
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup mushrooms, or spinach or both
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese- I used low fat
24 small square wonton wrappers (found near the tofu, in the refrigerated section)

Preheat oven to 375.
In a skillet brown ground turkey, onion, salt and pepper for about 10 mins, add garlic
Add tomatoes and oregano, bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 10 mins
In a sep bowl, combine: ricotta, salt and pepper and basil (I also added parmesan cheese, and garlic salt)
Spray muffin tin
Place 1 wonton wrapper and press down- then start layering: ricotta mix, turkey mix, mozzarella, then repeat.
Bake 10 mins!

I hope you try these. They are amazing, and easy. Happy Sunday.
xoxo.
e

Comments

  1. Oh! These sound wonderful! We'll have to try them soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this to my menu next week! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts