Skip to main content

stuffed peppers.

I adapted this recipe from skinny taste blog and made it into a recipe using ingredients from my pantry-- besides the peppers (obvs.)






Finished product- bright, yummy and healthy!
A fraction of what goes into the pepper-- red pepper, onion, galic, cilantro, white beans, adobo peppers/sauce, canned chicken

lettin' it simmer
.... ready to go in the oven, cover with foil and put a little water in the pan so it steams. don't add the cheese on top until the last 5 mins.


I like recipes that you can add a little of this and a little of that. It's an even better day when you have all the stuff in your pantry. I think thats what makes cooking fun! Sten gave this recipe a thumbs up and I did too. I made mine spicy with the adobo peppers, but if you like a little less spice, leave them out!


Here's the recipe:

Stuffed Green Peppers {servings: 2+} total time: 45 mins


2 Green Peppers


1/4 Red Pepper


1/2 onion


3 cloves garlic


1 abobo chile + some of the sauce


7 oz. white beans


12.5 oz. canned chicken


1/4 cup shredded cheese


Preheat the oven to 350. Saute the red pepper, onion and garlic for 3 minutes with 1T EVOO. Add the adobo, beans and chicken. Add 1/4 cup water and let it simmer 4 mins. with some taco seasoning mixed in if you have it. Cut the green peppers in half and remove the seeds and stem. Add the filling to the green peppers and place in an oven safe dish- add 1/3 cup water or chicken broth to the pan, cover with foil and bake for 25-30 mins. Remove the foil sprinkle with some cheese and bake for an addition 3-5 mins until the cheese is melty and bubbly!


I am going to try to enjoy the sun as fully as possible these next few days. This means: taking an extra moment while walking past a sunny spot in my apartment, strolling home from the el in a soak-it-all-in kind of way, and asking anyone and all if they want to go for walk outside. Can't wait for this weekend, when we get to celebrate moms! What a joy! Made my Mother's Day cards last night with Kek. I was so fun to use our table and sprawl all of our crafts out. Did I mention I love our new table?


Its a good day to be alive. xoxo.

Comments

  1. I made these the other night- Except with ground turkey! So good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment