Skip to main content

Sun.

This picture is from when I climbed my first 14er. We left the trailhead at 3am and when we finally saw the sun it was SUCH a welcome sight!
monday: check.

I really have nothing to show for today. I left for work in such a hurry I completely forgot to put on ANY makeup and I walked out the door with our car keys, which would have been fine ANY other day except for today because Sten was going to take the car into the shop to get a little checkup. Hot. Mess. But God must love me because after what felt like 40 days and 40 nights of pure gray and rain the sky was so blue and the sun was so bright. I needed that today.

It's a busy week, month, year... Why does time have to go by so fast? This past weekend was seminary graduation and I thought to myself that is going to be us in 2 years. 2 short years. I already have a list in my head of the things I am going to miss: living on a college campus, getting free pizza when its finals week and having a student id that gets me 5% off at Andy's Fruit Ranch, living across the street from Tre Kronor, having built in friends and people that love God all around us, having next to zero living expenses and deferred student loans, the city and the food and the people and the time period.... I wonder if we'll look back and say- we didn't do this enough, or I wish we could have done that... we never went there, and we never saw that... I hope not. It's no fun looking back at a time period of your life you didn't live to the fullest and squeeze out all the richness.

Tonight Sten went out for some wings-- such a guy thing. I am loving our cozy little spot with some decaf coffee and my Harry Potter book waiting for me after a short run in the sun. A perfect end to a sunny may day.
xoxo.erica.
ps... pictures and recipes later this week!

Comments

  1. Beautiful picture, is that from Long's Peak?

    I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying Chicago life, it sounds pretty darn grand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment