Skip to main content

Thai Chicken Pizza that will change your life.

The best pizza you could ever have in the coziness of your home.

Happy Thursday to you!I came home to Sten and the Cubs game on TV. What a treat!
Now I am counting down the minutes until 6:30pm when I get to help Ka
tie celebrate her Birthday! We are meeting at Caro Mio. Its a wonderful BY
O in the Ravenswood neighborhood.

On Monday night I made Thai Chicken Pizza. Wowie Zowie. Please try this recipe. It is to die for. My mom sent it to me last year when we spent our Tuesday nights with Bryce and Ryann (bro and sis in law) switching off cooking and hosting Biggest Loser at each other's houses. I love those memories, they are very dear to my heart. When Drake came along it was more like all of us talking and holding and ooo-ing and aaah-ing rather than watching, but it was still OUR time to always be together. SOOO this was a hit and it will be a hit in your home as well.
Here we are right before Sten moved away on Ryann's family boat. Wish we were boating now.

On to the pizza. The recipe my mom sent me had a few funky ingredients that we both substituted. I am going to share it, exactly like I made it:
Thai Chicken Pizza.

your favorite pizza crust
----
1/4 C sweet and sour sauce
red pepper flakes
1 1/2 C grated cheese
1/2 red bell pepper- diced
----
1 T olive oil
2 T soy sauce
1 T Peanut Butter (creamy)
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 tsp grill seasoning
--
2 TB honey
2 TB cider vinegar
1/4 of a cucumber cut in matchsticks
---
1 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked
---
palmful cilantro (minced)
2 green onions (diced)
1/4 C roasted peanuts (chopped)
3/4 C bean sprouts
  • Mix honey, cider vin and cucumber and set aside to marinate.
  • Mix oil, soy sauce, pb, and chili garlic sauce. Cut up the chicken in strips and coat with the soy sauce mixture.
  • Using the sweet and sour sauce spread a layer on the pizza crust, top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, bell peppers, and cheese. Bake for 1/2 the recommended time depending on your crust.
  • Distribute the chicken mixture and finish baking.
  • When the pizza is all cooked, immediately dress it with the cilantro, sprouts, green onion, and peanuts, and pickled cucumbers.
  • Cut and serve!
You don't need to serve sides with this because it is sooo good.

xoxo. Bring on the weekend!
edc

Comments

Post a Comment