Skip to main content

a thankful and meek heart.

Some weekend highlights:
- Friday night @ Jack and Gingers with lots of fun people to celebrate Emily coming to visit. As Sten and I approached the door I saw the little lady in a sparkly scarf and adorable flats and my heart felt happy and light. It was so fun to catch up with everyone.
- Planned my week menu which includes: spicy black bean burger salad, brown sugar chicken, teryaki meatballs, and garlic chicken...
- Grocery store run-- much needed. There isnothing like a fridge and pantry full of food.
- Northbrook dinner and game night- Anderson, Carlson, and Johnson Hand and Foot. Not to brag, but the Carlson's won :)

- Took a sleeping pill and slept in until 9AM this morning. 11 hours of perfect sleep.
Just a lazy rainy Sunday in the Carlson home. Sten and I just finished a game of Yahtzee and then I made some hot tea. Have you ever had Good Earth tea? It's a Sten and Erica favorite.
On my tea tag I found this quote: God has two dwellings: one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart. Izaak Walton. (1593-1683). Makes me wonder if I have a meek and thankful heart... I think I hope I do, I hope that I remember each day all there is to be thankful for and I hope to be meek: patient and gentle. I know that God dwells in my heart regardless of these qualities, but it's a good reminder of the person I want to be. A few months ago I was on the train and I wrote down all the things I am thankful for. It started to get super random as I spilled onto the margin and I started writing in about 2-pt. font, but it was a good exercise and a perfect reminder of the joys in my life. You should try it when you have a minute.

xoxo.erica.

Comments