Chocolate Cake and Birthday Celebrations.

Today is my sister's birthday. I love her with allllll of my heart and I hope this year is FULL of joy, abundant joy!
I have to share this with you. Aunt Pam makes the best cake. I know I love the Chocolate Chip Layer Cake, but Grandpa Eddie Spaghetti says that at the Print Family Reunion (capitalized) people come from near and far when they hear that Pammy's bringing this cake. It's THAT special. And she is special, I love her so much.. I sooo enjoyed going on walks and having talks in PA. I wish we lived closer!

So.... here it goes:
So Easy Cherry Fudge Cake.
12-15 servings. prep:15 mins. bake: 30 mins
1 (18.25 oz) pkg. devils food cake mix
1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling (I used light)
2 Lg eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
--
1 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup milk (I used soy)
5 Tbls Butter
1 Cup semi sweet choc chips
---
preheat oven to 350. Beat first 4 ingredients on low speed for 20 seconds, increase to medium speed and beat 1 more min. Pour into a greased 13x9 in pan.
-
Bake 27-30 mins; cool on a wire rack 10 mins
-
Bring sugar, mild and butter to boil. boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in choc chips until melted and smooth. Spread frosting over warm cake. Cool.

This cake was served for Megan beautiful Johnson's birthday yesterday and was a BIG hit! Try it. because you will like it. I promise.

"so-easy" just like the name!
so chocolaty and gooey and delicious.

Please make this. You won't be disappointed. And if you're looking for a good time, bring this to the Print Family Reunion and you will be welcomed with cheek squeezes and Italian smooches.

We went to a free concert in the park today with friends. We sat on the lawn of Millennium Park with every other Chicago resident and drank wine and listened to music and looked at the bright blue skies against the beautiful Chicago skyline and LOVED it. What a great start to a great week.
xoxo.
edc

Comments

Popular Posts