Hello July!


Such a fun week in Chicago. The weather is perfect, which means it is perfect to stay outside all day and not do any housework or even think about sitting at the desk blogging... until now :) I have walked/biked all over Lake Shore the last few days and my goal of biking to the beach 1x a week--CHECK!
July is almost here! What an exciting month it will be! Here are some things I am REALLY looking forward to:
  • Going to MN this weekend- on the docket-- Breakfast with the fam, hot stone massage with my amazing sissy, Happy Hour with Emily and someone special Twins game at the new Target Field, Family BBQ in Wisconsin, drinking coffee and having chats with my mom, bike rides, frisbee with daddio.... = Can't wait.
  • Family Camp 2011! Sten and I are packing up and heading to family camp @ Portage Lake mid-July. Can't wait to see this little man:
as well be with the whole Carlson/Tournell Crew. Looking forward to long walks with my sister-in-laws, laughing in the cabin, and lazy days at the beach. Ooooo it sounds too good to be true.
  • Then last-but not least in the July travel marathon- Door County with the Johnson's! I have never been, but I know its a special place and I can't wait to see the beauty!

In other news- Sten and I have successfully watched the first 5 Harry Potter movies as I am reading the books and currently on #6. I have more motivation to finish it now that I know I get to watch the movie after.
I have been especially thankful this week for all of the many wonderful people in my life and for the opportunity we have to visit family and friends in beautiful parts of the mid-west.

Can't wait to go home and see what my mom is cooking. I love stealing her recipes and sharing them- she really is the best.
xoxo. goodbye June!
edc

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great Summer! I wish we were joining you at camp - I can't wait until we get to do things like that. And you will LOVE Door County! It's so gorgeous. You're getting to do both of the "up North"'s that I should be getting to do, given Mark's family and my family's traditions. Minnesota + Door County + Michigan = I'm so jealous of your summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts