Skip to main content

Toasted Ravioli.

Made this tasty dinner on Sunday night and it was easy, tasty, quick and delicious. Sten and I had just come home from MI, it was a little chilly and I wanted to cook a Sunday dinner. I sprawled all my recipes on the floor, looked through 3 different cookbooks before I stumbled upon this gem. And I am sooo glad I did. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Rachel Ray's 2,4,6,8 cookbook. Its like when you bread chicken... only you bread the ravioli-- healthy-right?!
toast 'em up! Every time I try to fry something the kitchen starts smoking and the fire alarm sounds. Sten usually ends up rushing to the smoke detector and rapidly fanning it with a Seminary book.
Enjoy! Bread, olive oil, wine and a candle. Hello perfect evening!

Toast Ravioli. Adapted from Rachel Ray!
  • 2 eggs, a splash of milk, salt and pepper
  • 1 1/2 C Panko bread crumbs, sprinkle of parmesan cheese, italian spices, fresh parsley (chopped)
  • 12 Large fresh Ravioli, (we had roasted chicken and mozz)
  • EVOO
  • 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
  • pinch of red pepper flakes
  • 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
  • handful of fresh basil
  1. beat the eggs and the splash of milk in a shallow dish and season with s and p. combine the bread crumbs with the cheese and parsley in a second dish. Dip the fresh ravioli in the eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. heat EVOO over medium heat in a large skillet, then toast the ravioli until deep golden- 3-4 mins.
  2. in a small sauce pot, heat EVOO with garlic and red pepper flakes over medium low heat. stir in the tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Heat through.
  3. transfer the sauce to a small bowl. Surround the sauce with the toasted ravioli for dipping or cover the ravioli with the sauce and garnish with the basil.
YUMMM! Enjoy!
xoxo.
e

Comments

  1. Yummmm...can't wait to try the recipe...thanks for the new fun ideas...now I wonder where I can get that cool candle holder to make the evening just perfect????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment