Skip to main content

weekends and hot fudge brownie sundaes.

It's been a busy/relaxing weekend. Sten and I took full advantage of the sun and biked to the beach 2x! We also went to Ravinia and enjoyed a show by Prairie Home Companion. We also enjoyed some delicious salad, veggies and of course, red wine.
There is nothing like Ravinia. I wish I could experience it at least once a week. It's a sophisticated adult picnic. On a HUGE green space right outside of the city. I got to go with my love and we really enjoyed it.
I have been taking pictures of all my creations and I wanted to share Mama Prints' Brownies and Hot Fudge recipes. We grew up on these brownies, my mom would make them in this brown pyrex dish and we would all cut little pieces day by day until they were gone... But sometimes, (when we were having company) she would make the brownies with this super special chocolate sauce and serve it over ice cream. This is the perfect treat and I would suggest it at your next dinner party. Your guests will be happy you did.
All good recipes start with a stick of butter....
creamed with some sugar....
add some cocoa, flour, and salt...
and bake just until it's still a little gooey.
HOT FUDGE.

start with some butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and evaporated milk..
add some powdered sugar... and let it boil...
boil 4 minutes..
Brownies.
1 C sugar
1/2 C Butter (slightly softened)
2 eggs
3/4 C flour
4 TBLS cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, add dry ingredients.
Bake at 350 for 16-20 mins in a greased 8x8 pan.

Hot Fudge Chocolate Sauce.
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
5.8oz evaporated milk
1/4 C butter
1 C powdered sugar
Let boil 4 mins. remove from heat and drizzle over brownies and vanilla ice cream.

It's almost July. I can't believe it. Where oh where did you go June?! July is going to be a super special month. Can't wait to experience it. :)
xoxo.
edc

Comments