Skip to main content

Last day of July.


Can't believe my month of fun is over. Not like August isn't going to be fun, it's just I don't have any vacations planned and it's getting nearer and nearer to fall and I am not ready for summer to be over...
I am determined however to make August wonderful and eek out all the sun and heat I can. Here are some things I want to do in August:

  • Make a pie with some type of summer fruit.
  • Play Guitar Hero on our new TV.
  • Write letters and SEND them.
  • Go to my niece's 1st Birthday party.
  • Eat healthy (minus the summer fruit pie)
  • Have a girls night dinner party.
  • Sleep in the bed all by myself while Sten is in Colorado for 10 days.
  • Make a welcome home dinner for Sten after his trip so he can tell me all about it.
  • Use one of the Groupon's I just bought for a Mexican restaurant.
  • Meet our new church family @ Batavia Covenant as Sten will be starting to work there at the end of the month.
  • Stay out until the sun sets and enjoy the end of summer!

This time last year Sten and I had just decided to make the move back to Chicago. What a whirlwind adventure that was. We were getting our house ready to put on the market, tying up loose ends at church, and wondering what our future would look like. It is so interesting to me to look back and see the many ways God has provided. I am so thankful for our jobs, our beautiful apartment, being near to friends and family, growing closer together and to God as we had to rely on Him for the many uncertainties in our life. Who knew that all those hard times of being apart would lead to this new and exciting chapter in our life?

Goodbye July, thank you for providing long days filled with memories of family, friends, water, baseball games, bike rides, good food, great wine, countless game nights, new places/electronics, and priceless memories.

xoxo.
edc

Comments