chili lime pork

This has been SUCH a busy week! Last night we got free tickets to the Cubs game! It was one of those late August summer nights that are perfect for being at the ballpark. Sten and I had such a good time people watching-- I mean, paying close attention to what was happening on the field. and... THE CUBS WON! On Tuesday night I tried a new recipe from this blog called Budget Bytes it's awesome and she has some really fun recipes. My pork doesn't look like her's because I couldn't find Boneless Pork Loin at Harvest Time. But these little cutlets worked just fine and were very tasty.
Step 1. In a small bowl whisk together 2T. oil, 1 T. soy sauce, 1T. chili powder, 1/2 T. minced garlic and lime juice from 1 medium lime.

Step 2. Place the pork loin in a large zip lock bag and pour in the marinade. Squish around the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.


Step 3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large skillet with oil. When its hot add the meat (do not discard the marinade!) Sear both sides of the loin until brown and crispy (about 2-4 mins per side)
Step 4. After searing. Place on baking sheet. pour the remaining marinade over the pork and roast for 20-30 mins until internal temp reaches 160! yum-o!

Mine don't look as good as Budget Bytes! But they were tasty!
Sten took this picture of RON SANTO!
Good seats!
Best snack at Wrigely Field.
From now until the end of the year Sten will be gone every Thursday. The nice thing is then I can eat whatever I want which just so happens to be this delicious salad! Lettuce, almonds, red pepper, green pepper, red onion and Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola from Trader Joe's.
August is almost over looking back on my August list I didn't get everything done! I still need to:
  • make a pie with some kind of summer fruit
  • Play Guitar Hero
  • Write letters and SEND them (I currently have one ready to send)
That's actually pretty much it! I don't want August to end. However September is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic month as well.
xoxo.
Erica


Comments

  1. Made these tonight - served with brown rice and baked cinnamon apple slivers - we LOVED it! Will definitely be a staple. Seriously Erica - you find the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts