Skip to main content

Corn dip. you. must. try.

Ahhhhh..... Saturday. Oh how I love today. Slept in, made muffins, explored a new grocery store, made this delicious salsa, and saw HARRY POTTER 7! We are off to our next engagement of the evening at the Anderson's for a "Burb-B-Q", and that is the reason for my recipe today.
This is super easy and extremely delicious. Sten and I made sure to give it a taste test before we brought it to the gathering tonight.

Here is the finished product. Fresh, light, crunchy, sweet, salty and decadent. I LOVE this.
When I said I explored a new grocery store I wasn't lying. I have been hearing about "Harvest Time Foods" for a while now, but have yet to venture down Lawrence to check it out for myself. I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT! This grocery store is wonderful. While there you almost feel as though you've transformed into a little European market *almost*... Such great prices too, Sten and I have decided this is our new store. We are in love. We bought LOTS of items and the total only came to $18.51. Thank you Harvest Time!
Here are the ingredients for the salsa- 4 ears of corn, 2 avocados, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 jalapeno, lime, cilantro.
I wish I took a picture of the onion after it had been cut by my master sous chef Sten. He cuts an onion like no other. for. real.
The 3 main ingredients.
About ready to mix in the cilantro. mmmm mmmmm mmmm!

I hope the fellow BURB-B-Q ers like this salsa as much as we do. You should try it too!
Enjoy.

I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman- my ultimate blogging goddess. Here is the recipe:

4 ears of corn
2 avocados (a little hard)
1/2 red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 jalapeno
big bunch cilantro
salt to taste
2 tsp. vinegar
combine all ingredients and then refrigerate. Serve with chips or on fish tacos and gobble it up. YUM!

xoxo.
edc

Comments

  1. I wonder who's stunningly handsome hand is in that first shot. I sure like to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment