Phew, weekend. almost. over. It was a GREAT one I:
- Went to a new restaurant in Logan Square with Sten on Friday night. Dinner reservation at 6:30pm. CHECK.
- Slept in on Saturday.
- Ate Banana Chocolate Chip muffins, and drank coffee and enjoyed a rainy morning with Sten
- Found my new favorite grocery store.
- Made fresh sweet corn and avocado salsa.
- Went for a run in the heat
- Saw HP 7!
- Went to Pete and Anne's with my corn salsa- and it was a hit!
- Got up earlier this morning and went to Willow Creek Church, where we were inspired and excited about living our lives more fully.
- Made brunch with Sten
- Re-arranged our bedroom and laughed at how hard we were trying to fit something under our bed that just realllllly wasn't fitting.
- Walked to Lincoln Square and shared Gelato.
- Stopped at the Johnsons' for a quick weekend update on their lives.
- Talked to my sissy, and found out her and Mike are coming to town Labor Day Weekend. Let the count down begin!
- Was gifted 13 garden fresh tomatoes and decided to make homemade salsa!!!!!!!
My mom makes fantastic homemade salsa, but I didn't want to bother her as my parents have a very active social life, and I am almost positive they were most likely at a friends house playing games. So I just made my own with what I had in the fridge. It turned out great and I still have 9 tomatoes left... IT'S SALSA SEASON!
Sten is a wonderful hand model. Don't you think?
These must be VERY special tomatoes-- do you spy the hearts?
I actually only ended up using 3 1/2.
1/3 red onion, 1/2 jalapeno, 2 garlic cloves, 3.5 tomatoes, cilantro, salt, cumin, and 1/2 of a juicy lime.
LOVE my lime squeezer- seriously, everyone needs one.
Mix it up and ENJOY!
Here's the recipe:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeno less if you don't want it too spicy- I love the heat.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 C cilantro
- 1/2 juicy lime
- 1 tsp. salt
- sprinkle of cumin
Chop. Mix. Eat. Make more.
Cheers. xoxo. edc