Homemade Salsa.

Phew, weekend. almost. over. It was a GREAT one I:
  • Went to a new restaurant in Logan Square with Sten on Friday night. Dinner reservation at 6:30pm. CHECK.
  • Slept in on Saturday.
  • Ate Banana Chocolate Chip muffins, and drank coffee and enjoyed a rainy morning with Sten
  • Found my new favorite grocery store.
  • Made fresh sweet corn and avocado salsa.
  • Went for a run in the heat
  • Saw HP 7!
  • Went to Pete and Anne's with my corn salsa- and it was a hit!
  • Got up earlier this morning and went to Willow Creek Church, where we were inspired and excited about living our lives more fully.
  • Made brunch with Sten
  • Re-arranged our bedroom and laughed at how hard we were trying to fit something under our bed that just realllllly wasn't fitting.
  • Walked to Lincoln Square and shared Gelato.
  • Stopped at the Johnsons' for a quick weekend update on their lives.
  • Talked to my sissy, and found out her and Mike are coming to town Labor Day Weekend. Let the count down begin!
  • Was gifted 13 garden fresh tomatoes and decided to make homemade salsa!!!!!!!
My mom makes fantastic homemade salsa, but I didn't want to bother her as my parents have a very active social life, and I am almost positive they were most likely at a friends house playing games. So I just made my own with what I had in the fridge. It turned out great and I still have 9 tomatoes left... IT'S SALSA SEASON!

Sten is a wonderful hand model. Don't you think?
These must be VERY special tomatoes-- do you spy the hearts?
I actually only ended up using 3 1/2.
1/3 red onion, 1/2 jalapeno, 2 garlic cloves, 3.5 tomatoes, cilantro, salt, cumin, and 1/2 of a juicy lime.
LOVE my lime squeezer- seriously, everyone needs one.
Mix it up and ENJOY!
Here's the recipe:
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 jalapeno less if you don't want it too spicy- I love the heat.
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 C cilantro
  • 1/2 juicy lime
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • sprinkle of cumin
Chop. Mix. Eat. Make more.

Cheers. xoxo. edc

Comments

  1. That looks tasty! Ryan and I have been making a lot of salsa lately, too, it's so much cheaper that way (and better tasting)!

    That corn dip you just posted about looks magnificent as well, I'm a sucker for anything with avacados in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-25 days until the ben-ards arrive! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts