Peanut Butter Banana Cookies. Uh HUH!

Well. Here is how I just spent my mid-morning:
And was it worth it. Uh HUH! Tomorrow, my first friend I ever met in Minnesota is coming through Chicago. Her and her husband are moving from New Hampshire back to MN! Breann and I spent many Sunday afternoons after church playing house, dolls, Barbies, talking about boys, and baking. Now she's going to be a mama in December and I just know she is going to teach that little girl to be a baker just like us. These cookies are one of our trademarks, and I just can't wait to sink my teeth into one while talking about her move, JC's new job, the baby, and life....
Here are some updates on my life:
  • Sten is in Sheridan WY fly fishing with his brother and their good friends. It's nice having the whole bed to myself, and turning on the lights when I wake up in the morning, but it's a little lonely as well. Although I have been keeping myself busy :)
  • I have been living up my bachelorette hood! I went for an 8 mile run with Maren on Friday before dinner at Pizza Art with Katie and Anne.
  • Saturday I tried to sleep in... did some grocery store shopping, used the rest of the tomatoes up by making salsa, went for a run before the storm hit, played games at the Johnson's with Zirk and then went out in Old Town. FUN night!
  • I went to target today and the school supplies were out in full force. I stocked up on some notebooks, since Sten starts school in 15 days. wow. Remember how picking out your school supplies was so fun when you were little? My sister and I were allowed ONE cool folder- and the rest looked like the 9 cent one's below. I remember how I never wanted to put anything in that folder for fear it would rip or get indented or something. I can't wait til we have kids and I get to buy them school supplies. It's just fun!
  • I also found this new gem. DARK chocolate morsels! I couldn't pass it up! Can't wait to make something with these!
My plan for the rest of the day is to clean and get ready for my work week ahead of me. If I have time, I am going to hop on my bike and see where it leads me. In the meantime... Here is the recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Cookies. These are DELICIOUS!!!!!! Enjoy.

3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1/4 c chunky PB
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
2 mashed bananas
3 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

frosting:
1 c powdered sugar
1/4 c butter or marg, softened
1 oz (30 grams) semi-sweet chocolate
1 T milk

Heat oven to 350. mix wet ing. until fluffy. add dry ing. beat until soft dough forms.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart.
bake 10 mins.
cool completely.

In small mixing bowl, combine frosting ing.
beat until smooth.
frost.

eat.

There are the banana's:
This size seems to work well.
letting them cool before frosting, this is when I realize how impatient I am. I just want to frost them now!
I just drop the cookie in and give it a swirl and it's done!
easy. peasy.

Enjoy and think of me and Breann tomorrow as we gobble these up with some milk. mmmmm!
xoxo.
edc

Comments

  1. Love you Erica! :) Loved our chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried these today - AMAZING! Definitely one of my top five all-time favorite cookies. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts