Well. Here is how I just spent my mid-morning:And was it worth it. Uh HUH! Tomorrow, my first friend I ever met in Minnesota is coming through Chicago. Her and her husband are moving from New Hampshire back to MN! Breann and I spent many Sunday afternoons after church playing house, dolls, Barbies, talking about boys, and baking. Now she's going to be a mama in December and I just know she is going to teach that little girl to be a baker just like us. These cookies are one of our trademarks, and I just can't wait to sink my teeth into one while talking about her move, JC's new job, the baby, and life....
Here are some updates on my life:
- Sten is in Sheridan WY fly fishing with his brother and their good friends. It's nice having the whole bed to myself, and turning on the lights when I wake up in the morning, but it's a little lonely as well. Although I have been keeping myself busy :)
- I have been living up my bachelorette hood! I went for an 8 mile run with Maren on Friday before dinner at Pizza Art with Katie and Anne.
- Saturday I tried to sleep in... did some grocery store shopping, used the rest of the tomatoes up by making salsa, went for a run before the storm hit, played games at the Johnson's with Zirk and then went out in Old Town. FUN night!
- I went to target today and the school supplies were out in full force. I stocked up on some notebooks, since Sten starts school in 15 days. wow. Remember how picking out your school supplies was so fun when you were little? My sister and I were allowed ONE cool folder- and the rest looked like the 9 cent one's below. I remember how I never wanted to put anything in that folder for fear it would rip or get indented or something. I can't wait til we have kids and I get to buy them school supplies. It's just fun!
- I also found this new gem. DARK chocolate morsels! I couldn't pass it up! Can't wait to make something with these!
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1/4 c chunky PB
1/2 t vanilla
2 mashed bananas
3 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 c powdered sugar
1/4 c butter or marg, softened
1 oz (30 grams) semi-sweet chocolate
1 T milk
Heat oven to 350. mix wet ing. until fluffy. add dry ing. beat until soft dough forms.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart.
bake 10 mins.
In small mixing bowl, combine frosting ing.
beat until smooth.
There are the banana's:
This size seems to work well.
letting them cool before frosting, this is when I realize how impatient I am. I just want to frost them now!
I just drop the cookie in and give it a swirl and it's done!
Enjoy and think of me and Breann tomorrow as we gobble these up with some milk. mmmmm!