BBQ Ribs.

Today was a good day. Here are some good things about it:
  • My bus and trains were on time.
  • Had some good conversation around the lunch table at work
  • Left work 1.5 hours early and came home to Sten and then went to cycling and ab attack
  • Had a delicious dinner that was simple and fun to make.
  • I am still awake and it's 9:32pm because I HAVE THE DAY OFF TOMORROW so I can stay up!
Anyway. I wanted to branch out and try some new recipes this week, so at Harvest Time we bought about 5lbs. of ribs after I saw this from Iowa Girl Eats. Wowza. This recipe is a keeper. ENJOY!
 Baby back ribs.

First, mix together 3 Tbls. paprika, 2 Tbls. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cayenne and S & P. Rub this mixture all over both sides of our ribs well. 

Arrange the ribs in the slow cooker by standing them up against the wall of the stoneware pot, thicker side down and meaty side against the pot. Pour about 3 Cups BBQ sauce all over the ribs. THEN, put the cover on, stick it in the fridge and go to bed! The next day cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Remove the ribs (be careful they are TENDER) and transfer bone side up to a baking pan lined with foil. Skim fat that has risen to the top and strain extra juices from the slow cooker to a small sauce pan.

  
Bring sauce to a boil, then allow to simmer and reduce by a bout a third (15 mins). Preheat your broiler. Brush the ribs  with sauce and broil for 3 mins. Take them out and very carefully flip them over, brush  with sauce and broil again, meat side up, for about 9 mins, taking them out once to brush with more sauce.

Sten set the table. AND took all these pics.

I also made pop-overs and Kate and Peter brought some greens. It was a wonderful meal and I am so proud of myself for branching out from my normal (boneless skinless chicken). I will DEFINITELY make this again.

Tomorrow I have nothing really to do except go for brunch at Tre Kronor! I plan to spend time outside and just enjoy the day to the fullest. My evening will be full of yoga, small group and the North Park men's soccer game. GO Vikings!

xoxo.
edc.

Comments

  1. Looks awesome! Will definitely try. Have fun at Tre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I love Iowa Girl Eats! Whoot! I am going to start trying some of her recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts