Skip to main content

L.A. Cornbread


You are in for treat. and I mean a TREAT! This cornbread is better than any other cornbread out there. And I've had a lot of cornbread. It's easy, makes a TON, and your guests will rave about it. 

I just love the pictures where the mixer is doing it's thing. Have I mentioned I LOVE my mixer?

Pan #1. You could easily freeze this and take it out on rainy day, when you need a side dish, but are low on time.

 Pan #2. L.A. Cornbread muffins! YUMMMM.

This recipe came from my Aunt Lynn. Let's face it: THE STOKKA SIDE CAN COOK! When my mom made this for the first time, I thought to myself, I don't think I will ever eat regular cornbread again. And, I don't think I have! Here's the recipe:
L.A. Cornbread
Aunt Lynn
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
2 boxes "jiffy cornbread mix"
3 eggs
1/3 C Canola Oil
1/2 C water

(Okay I didn't say it was healthy)

Mix and pour into a 9 x 13 and then fill Muffin cups with remaining batter. OR use two smaller baking tins of your choice!

Bake according to cake directions on the back of the box.

DONE!

Please make this with your favorite chili this fall. It's SO delicious and apparently people in L.A. love it ;)

xoxo.
erica

Comments

  1. I am trying this right now! My batter is really thick, thicker than normal batter, is that normal or did I mess it up!? It's in the oven and smells good though, can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment