Weekend highlights and insights.

Talk about a PACKED weekend. Here are the highlights:
  1. Celebrating Kate's Birthday with lots of friends downtown.
  2. Relaxing on Saturday after work while the sun blazed and the blue skies took my breath away.
  3. Taco Pie with Sten's family in Geneva!
  4. Listening to Sten give his FIRST sermon ever.
  5. Running in the sun today in shorts and a tee. (Oct 23rd might I remind you)
  6. Eating pizza with Sten and talking about the weekend.

 Celebrating Kate's Birthday downtown is a great memory I will have forever. We met at her brothers pent house on State St. and had champagne and snacks before heading to Quartino's for dinner. The walls are all glass and make for perfect city-gazing.
I love this city.
Birthday girl.
Everyone in the elevator on the way to dinner.
Our centerpiece at Quartino's
I just love this girl. She is the most generous person I know and does an amazing job of making you feel like the most important person on the planet. I don't know what I would do without her- she makes life so much more colorful.

This morning Sten preached at church. He did an absolutely incredible job and I am so proud of him. He was a total natural. I knew as I prayed for him this morning that God would be so present in this mornings' service.
I couldn't help but have a flashback of my childhood as we sat on the couch this afternoon after church and brunch. I can't wait for the days when our family enjoys a big Sunday meal together after church and then just relaxes and naps the afternoon away. It really sounds perfect. But for now, we are trying hard to be content with our campus apartment, our Sunday commute and our life in the city.

xoxo.
edc.

Comments

Popular Posts