Chicken Tomatillo Tacos... Bobby Flay.

I love the Food Network. I especially love when it is on at the gym and I am mapping out how long I should run so I can go home and make whatever I just watched.... Paula Dean- 7miles, Rachel Ray- 6 miles, Giada- 5 miles, Bobby Flay- 4 miles... Well, this recipe is a 3 mile run kind of meal. It is nutritious and delicious, full of protein and vegetables and you can make it in a SNAP! I first had it when my B.I.L. made it for us during one of our weekly Biggest Loser Tuesday night get togethers. He is an amazing cook. Check out his blog HERE. Since then I have made this for about everyone I know. Last night over a rousing game of Hand and Foot, Peter, Katie, Sten and I enjoyed this warm meal on a blistery Chicago evening.
Here are some pictures and the recipe:
tomatillos tomatillo

These are Tomatillos. I found them at Harvest Time, but most grocery stores carry them as well. They look like green tomatoes, but they are not. As an easy alternative to blackening them on the grill- I broiled them for about 12 mins. Then I threw the tomatillos, the blackened Serrano pepper, cilantro, garlic, cilantro, some red onion into my mixer and puree-d until blended. It truly did look like this:
tomatillo salsa green salsa verde
Yum. This mixture is so tasty
tacos chicken rotisserie chicken Bobby Flay Tomatillos Taco Tomatillo
These look a little fancier than mine, I also used flour tortillas instead of corn... YUM
Recipe: adapted slightly from Bobby Flay
Ingredients:
  • 6 Tomatillos husked, blackened
  • 1 Serrano pepper, blackened
  • 1/2 small red onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 juicy lime
  • 1 1/2 -3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
  • 1 C cilantro
  • crumbled queso fresco
Directions:
  • Place tomatillos and Serrano pepper on a cookie sheet with sides, broil, flipping half way through for 12 mins
  • Place tomatillos, Serrano pepper, garlic, onion, lime juice and cilantro in blender and blend until smooth.
  • Place tomatillo mixture in a large saute pan, bring to a simmer then add the shredded chicken and heath through
  • Spoon mixture into warm tortillas, sprinkle with queso fresco and serve!
SOOOOOO good, easy, and nutritious. ENJOY!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts