Skip to main content

Cauliflower Pizza Crust.

Sten and I had a great afternoon. We finished our grocery shopping and I went to spin class then came home and made cauliflower pizza. It's a healthy alternative to processed/carbohydrate loaded pizza crust without substituting flavor. Pizza is a "Carlson home staple"and I think with a few more tries it will be perfected and I will be whipping up this pizza at least once a week- obsessed with pizza? YES!
Fresh out of the oven. 
Main ingredient in the crust. 
ready to be pressed

a perfect circle.
Looks legit!

crispy edges
This is about the easiest pizza crust you could ever make. No kneading, no rising, no rolling. Just grating, warming, mixing and baking!

Here's the crust recipe:

1 cup "riced" cauliflower*
1 cups mozz cheese 
1 egg
Italian spices to taste

Preheat oven to 450. Mix riced cauliflower, cheese, egg and spices. Pressed onto (very) well greased pan into a 9' circle. Bake for 15 mins. 
Add desired ingredients and broil until cheese is melted.
ENJOY!

*** to "rice" cauliflower: wash and dry a head of cauliflower, remove stems and leaves. Grate entire head. Heat in microwave safe dish for 8 minutes. 

In other news, due to my most recent Pinterest obsession I have decorated our home with some Valentine's Day love:
so fun and easy! Bring on February!
I know it's not much. But I LOVE it!

Day 1 of no sweets starts tomorrow. Can't wait to feel the sugar withdrawals :)
xo.
e

Comments

Post a Comment