Golden Birthday Cake.

Over winter vacation we celebrated Sten's GOLDEN Birthday. Here are a couple things I love about the Birthday boy:
He is creative, and smart, and funny, and so good looking.
He makes me laugh, especially during his impersonations and small insights on people's habits.
He loves to eat, and I love to cook.
He drives me to work when I am feeling extra tired
He loves family.
He is thoughtful and makes me feel special.

He is the best husband in the whole world. That's why I researched the BEST yellow cake with chocolate frosting recipe and came up with THIS GEM. This blogger made 6 (SIX) different yellow cakes and had taste testers rate what they thought. This was her favorite and I must say, it was REALLY good.
Equipped with gold sprinkles for the GOLDEN Birthday.

This cake is betta than the box!
Now, I am not saying this recipe is healthy- there's also a CUP of Half-n-half
This is my mom's "hands free" electric mixer. It belongs in an Antique shop.
Ready for the oven
The bottom stuck a little :( but you can't even tell after the amazing frosting goes on.

I love baking in my mom's kitchen...
It held up nicely when cut
It was a hit.
Happy Birthday Stenny-kins.
Cake
Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 3/4 C sugar
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 1/8 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C Half-n-half
1 Tbls vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 8" or 9" pans.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well.
Mix dry ingredients.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and half-n-half until well mixed.
Add vanilla.
Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30-35 mins.

Chocolate Butter cream Frosting
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
3/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4-5 T milk

Directions:
Mix together! Add milk depending on desired consistency.

When cool, frost and serve. SO good.

We also celebrated Sten's Birthday in Mexico with great friends and this cake:
And tomorrow we will be celebrating in Geneva with a special cake by my mother-in-law. Can't even wait.
I would say it was a successful year of Birthday cakes for the Golden Boy :)

We have had a great weekend thus far.
peace.
Erica

Comments

  1. This cake is beautiful and I'm psyched that you did the research - can't wait to try, Mark and I LOVE yellow w/chocolate! Also, that is too funny that Sten pushes you to work when you're really tired... Mark is the EXACT same!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts