Skip to main content

Monday love + Saltine Toffee.

 In the spirit of Valentines Day (tomo) I broke my no-sweets fast and indulged in one of my favorite dessert candies of all time- Saltine toffee. It tasted so good and I am not regretting my choice. You won't either...




The great thing about this recipe, is that you may already have already have the 4 ingredients on hand. It's an easy clean-up and I've never met anyone who doesn't like these tasty treats.

Recipe:


1 C Butter
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1 sleeve Saltines
2 C Chocolate Chips.


Preheat oven to 400. Line a 10x15 inch cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Cover foil with saltines. Boil sugar and butter for 3 mins. Pour mixture over saltines and spread evenly. Bake at 400 for 5 mins. remove from oven.
Sprinkle with choc chips. Let set 1 min, then spread melted chips with spatula. Let cool in fridge or freezer then break up into pieces. 

My co-worker Mandy and I went to see The Vow last night. Cried through the whole thing and loved every minute. Can't believe it's based on a true story.
No work today so I have been cleaning, doing laundry and getting ready for our Valentine's dinner tomorrow. I'm excited to give Sten his present. I have a few more things on my 'to-do' list today before Bachelor tonight.

xo. e

Comments