Super Bowl + Monday love.

Pulled Pork Sandies with Cilantro, Jalapeno and Adobo Slaw.
I think the Super Bowl was a success. I, personally had a great time with fun friends and delicious food. I made Pioneer Woman's Cilantro Jalapeno Slaw (with some of my own personal flare). This was the easiest recipe and filled the house with a wonderful aroma... Try it for your next party!
Four ingredients in the pulled pork: Pork shoulder, 1 can Coke Zero, Sweet Baby Rays, 1 onion.
 Purple cabbage.
 
Green cabbage, jalapeno, cilantro
Pioneer Woman. You've done it again.
Also featured: guac, mexican dip, spinach artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip, hummus, goat cheese dip, pickle ham rolls, cupckakes, trail mix.....
Of course I made everyone take a group picture... Love that 10 second timer!
It really feels like a Monday today. I need a little extra love. On top of no sweets, I am trying to kick my caffeine habit... First day of no coffee started today and boy am I feeling it! I know it's going to be bad for about 3 days, so I am stocked with Tylenol and lots of water. I am ready to hit the gym then watch Bach tonight! Can't wait to snuggle on the couch with Sten, eat dinner and fill our head with useless TV drama.

Here's the BBQ Pulled Pork with Spicy Cilantro-Jalapeno-Adobo Chipotle Slaw Recipe

BBQ Pulled Pork:
5 lbs. Pork Shoulder (fat trimmed)
1 can Coke Zero
1 (18oz) bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1 Onion sliced

Spray crock pot. Cut pork into chunks, arrange in crock pot. Pour Coke Zero so the liquid is covering the meat, pour in 3/4 of the BBQ sauce, and toss the onions on top. Slow cook on low for 8 -9 hours. Skim off fat, and shred pork, drain the liquid and return the shredded pork to the crock pot- turn to "keep warm" add in the remaining BBQ sauce. Serve with the Slaw:

Spicy Cilantro-Jalapeno-Adobo Chipotle Slaw:
2 cups cilantro
1/2 head green cabbage
1/2 head red cabbage
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 tsp vinegar
1 Tbls sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup Chipotles in adobo sauce

Thinly slice the cabbage and toss in the jalapenos, in a separate bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients. 2 hours before serving mix the wet ingredients with the cabbage. Right before serving add the cilantro.
(PW calls for whole milk and mayonnaise and no chipotles/adobo sauce... these were my little tweaks, and it was a winner-- and a little healthier :)

SOOOOO good. Promise me you'll try this for your next gathering.

xo.
e







Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. All this food looks amazing! Good luck with kicking the caffeine... I remember when I did it, it was seriously as debilitating as being in labor (my only ever migraine, cannot believe there are people who have those on regular bases).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts