Crockpot Italian Turkey Meatballs.

Happy Sunday... Next week at this time I will be sitting in church listening to Stenny give a sermon with my sis and brother in law next to me-- sounds like perfection! I have a lot of fun things planned for this week and then BAM come Friday at 6pm Jessica and Mike will be turning onto Christiana Ave and buzzing up. Can't wait to see her baby bump!!!! Aye aye! Can it be Friday already?!

I am on the hunt for some good crockpot recipes and I struck gold with this. Healthy, extremely fast and so tasty this will be a staple for sure.
I made this yesterday and our home smelled like a warm Italian kitchen.

Do you see that steam... pipping hot!


super easy.
Recipe adapted slightly from Skinnytaste ... Love this blog.

Meatballs:
20 oz (1.3 lb) ground turkey breast 
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 egg
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 T fresh basil
1 tsp salt and pepper

Sauce:
1 tsp Olive oil
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Basil

Directions:
Combine meatball ingredients with your hands. Form into meatballs. I was able to make 29.
In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
Pour crushed tomatoes into crockpot, add garlic and oil.
Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. One the meatballs are ready salt and pepper them up and add some basil.
Serve pipping hot with some crusty Italian bread and red wine.

Hope everyone had a great week. I was at work all weekend and still managed to have myself a wonderful time!
xo.
e

Comments

Popular Posts