Skip to main content

good morning. happy saturday.

I can't believe how fast this week went. Spring has sprung in Chicago in a BIG record setting kind of way, and I may have taken a little too much advantage of it. I didn't stop once this week. We had something every night. It feels so nice to wake up on a Saturday and just be. Sten slept in and I had some ripe banana's but no chocolate chips, which means I couldn't make my Banana Chocolate ChipMuffins. So I decided to make some good ole Banana Bread. 




I am absolutely in love with these new measuring cups from the Bernards. 




I googled "Banana Bread Recipe" and this was the first one that popped up. It had over 6,000 reviews and 4.6 out of 5 stars. It's a winner in my book too. The only thing I changed was add a little cinnamon and a little vanilla. mmmmm.

Banana Bread: adapted slightly from all recipes
2 C. Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (opt)
1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. Brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla (opt)
2 1/4 C. ripe bananas- about 5 or 6-- mashed

1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pan
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a sep bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blending. Stir banana mix into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake 60 mins, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 mins, then turn out to a wired rack.

Sten and I had such a great, relaxing morning- eating banana bread, catching up on our week and talking about life. He is the main reason Saturday mornings are my favorite day of the week. :)

xo. edc

Comments

  1. This post made me want the banana chocolate chip muffins! I had to let them go after I made that recipe probably close to 20 times and just sort of had OD'd on them. But I'm ready for another go...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment