easter bars.


 I kind of went a little crazy with the Easter candy this year... and by crazy I mean I spent about $20 in chocolate eggs, whoppers, bubble gum eggs, carrot pixies, bunny gummy teeth, jelly beans, chocolate peanut butter eggs, snicker eggs, milky way eggs... YIKES! Last night small group was at our place and Sten and I stuffed 36 eggs with candy and hid them all over our tiny apartment. Sten got really into it and found some great spots ;) I wanted to make a themed dessert and I thought these Cadbury Eggs would make the perfect addition to Blondie Brownies.... Success! and so easy!
 It is a Print Family Fact that if you cut things into small pieces they will get eaten. Try it some time. My dad is the master at this. Exhibit 1: It's Christmas time. We have already eaten WAY too much food throughout the day, not to mention the feast my mom just prepared. Out comes the dessert tray filled with numerous Christmas candies, fudge, and cookies. At first glance you may think 'everyone is so full, there is no way we are going to eat all those'. Then my dad comes into the picture and starts chopping everything into halves, thirds... you name it! Everyone just takes a little bite here and there and all the sudden-- dessert tray is EMPTY! Every year I fall for it, even though I go into it thinking 'this year I won't fall for his old tricks'..... ANY WAY. These bars are fantastic, and when you cut them into bite size little mini's they taste even better. It's not too late to make them for your family for Easter.

RECIPE: 
recipe from Bakeaholic Mama
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups milk chocolate mini eggs

In a medium sizes mixing bowl sift flour, baking soda and salt together.  Add melted butter to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugars.  Add in vanilla and eggs mix until creamy.  Slowly add in flour mixture until it is incorporated.  Fold in Mini Eggs.

Spread batter into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.

Let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!
Hoppy Easter!.

xo.
edc

Comments

Popular Posts