Skip to main content

Vanilla Orange Scones.

I can't believe tomorrow is MONDAY-- what? When leaving work on Friday Mandy said, "Remember this moment.... It is the furthest you will be from work all week." So true.
Sten and I love Saturday mornings. We lounge around, eat a big breakfast and plan out our day. This Saturday I: pulled out my yoga mat and got a little workout in, then scanned my recipe books for a breakfast pastry to try. I found a great recipe in my "cooking for two" cookbook. I altered the recipe to fit what was in my kitchen and here's what I came up with. I think the smell of the scones baking in the oven got Sten out of bed. 

 
 Recipe: Vanilla Orange Scones. Baking Time: 30 mins total. Yield: 4 mini scones.

Ingredients:
SCONES:
3/4 C Flour
2 1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
Dash salt
2 Tbls firm Butter
1/2 tsp Orange extract
1 egg
2 Tbls light whipped topping

FROSTING:
2 Tbls butter
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 dash water

Preheat oven to 400. Mix dry ing. and cut in butter. Add egg, orange extract and whipped topping. Mix together. Pat dough into a round, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut round into 4 wedges.
Place wedges 1 inch apart. Bake 8-12 mins. Frost and serve warm.

 Dough.
 round.
 pre-baked wedges
 The key ingredient
Straight out of the oven-- ready to frost.
 Perfect Saturday morning treat.

Sten and I had a very relaxing weekend. We had zero plans and watched a lot of Chicago sporting events. I can't wait for Wednesday after work when we hop in the car and high-tail it to MN for my sis's BABY shower! 

xo. e


Comments