lately.

Sten's fishing in Wyoming and being home alone definitely has it perks. I have made 2 dinner dates with girl friends and on Thursday my mom and sister and AMOS are coming for a 'girls' weekend in the city. I can't contain my excitement of having little Amos in the big city and showing him all my favorite sights and sounds- even though he won't remember a lick of it... I would be lying if I said that I wasn't equally as excited to spend some quality time with mom and sis too.

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I can feel it in my bones. It just feels different. Sten's about to start his LAST year at seminary, this year is bound to hold a lot of unknowns and I can't put my finger on how I feel about it. I really didn't think it was going to go this fast. and then, before we know it Sten will be wearing a cap and gown and we will be moving somewhere completely unknown to us at this present time. It's times like now when it hits you like a ton of bricks. I can't wait to see him working in the place God has called him to be. He is a strong leader, a person of impeccable character and the most kind-hearted, loyal man I know. He is going to make an excellent pastor, mentor, teacher, leader... I have no doubt.

After Sten's week being a mountain man we have a last minute trip to Michigan planned, just us. Four days in one of our favorite areas of the country. I have planned each minute of our trip and have a detailed itinerary to show for it! There are so many spots we want to hit and so much to see.

I've got candles lit, my music playing and its so nice just to sit and reflect about the places we've been and dream about all the places we'll go.

feeling lucky and content in this moment. -erica.

Comments

Popular Posts