Skip to main content

Swedish Coffee Toast

Back to real life today after a wonderful vacation and really there is only one thing that makes it okay.... Swedish Coffee Toast with Sumatra coffee. Aaahhhhhh, Goooood Morning!

This recipe comes to you courtesy of Sten's Grandma Kay Carlson. I think Swedish Toast goes down as one of my favorite things our marriage brought to my life. While Sten and I were dating, I went over to Grandma Carlson's so that I could learn to make this stuff- and I am so glad I did. These little dippers are buttery, almond-y, cardamon-y, Swedish and delicious!



Here is Sten and Grandma Kay at the cabin in Bay Lake MN. She is as lovely as she looks in this picture and such an example of a Godly woman. She loves her family and loves the Lord with her whole being, she is loyal and a true example of generous heart.

It seems like a really hard recipe, but its really not- for real

 just mix.

 bake.
 cut.

 freeze.
 slice.
 and bake again.




Here's the recipe. I wish you could have mine, because it is hand written by Kay herself, and Grandma's writing is the best writing.

Swedish Toast:
1 C Butter
2 eggs
3 1/2 C Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 C chopped almonds
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 C sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cardamom

Cream butter and sugar with beater. Add eggs, sour cream, flour baking powder, cardamom, salt and almonds. Mix well.
Line 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil. Pour mixture in, bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cool and cut into 4 strips.
Wrap each strip in foil and freeze.
As needed remove from freezer and slice thin.
Toast on sheet 300 degree oven about 30 mins turn after 20 mins.

Dip in your favorite cup of morning 'joe and enjoy!







Comments