Skip to main content

Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls

Sunday was such a great day. Cool, crisp and extremely productive. Not to mention Sten got home from the men's retreat and we got to catch each other up on our weekends over some delicious Lasagna Rolls!

This recipe is pretty involved, but totally worth it if  your looking for a healthy fall meal. My initial plan was to make this and freeze it so I would have some meals to pull out on days that I got home late and didn't feel like cooking, but I was too anxious to try it- so we baked it up last night :)




The onion/garlic mixture is seriously to die for.


A little messy, but super easy.


All baked- crispy, flavorful, creamy and ummm so good!

I got this idea from Pinterest, but I didn't follow the recipe very well. Partly because I wanted to use things in my pantry, and partly because I didn't feel like buying expensive ingredients that I felt wouldn't make that much of a difference. If you want the original recipe you can find it here. This is my recipe/ modifications.

Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls:
Makes: 10 rolls

3 strips bacon
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 cube chicken bouillon+ 1 C water
parsley flakes

1 roasted butternut squash
1/3 C nonfat Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp butter

10 Lasagna noodles cooked al dente

crumbled goat cheese.

Cook 3 strips of bacon. Save 2 tablespoons of grease. Toss in chopped onion, garlic, parsley salt and pepper. Saute 5 mins, add water and chicken bouillon- simmer 25-30 mins until all liquid has cooked off.
Cube roasted squash, and mix with butter and Greek yogurt in a mixer until smooth.
Cook lasagna noodles 10 mins. Smooth 1/4 cup of squash mixture and roll up, place seam side down in greased baking pan.
Cover rolls with onion mixture, bacon bits and goat cheese.
Freeze or bake at 400 degrees for 25 mins.

I would say besides the bacon grease this recipe is pretty healthy- and it doesn't taste like it! It tastes rich and it's so flavorful- Sten LOVED it.

ENJOY!

xo. e

Comments