Skip to main content

Monterey Chicken + weekend plans

It's Friday tomorrow! How happy does that make the world?

This week has gone by especially quick. I am busy at work and have been busy cooking up a storm!

On Wednesday I made Monterrey Chicken and it was super tasty and extremely quick and easy

MONTEREY CHICKEN
- click on link above for better pictures/ instructions.

 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/8 c. BBQ sauce
1/4 c. chopped bacon
1/2 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
sliced green onions
pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper. Pan fry chicken 2 mins on each side then place on baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).


This was so flavorful, I enjoyed every bite- so did Sten!


Whats on my weekend plan list???

These girls! 
My co-workers (Jordan and Mandy) and I are hittin' the road for Marshall MI to run in the bakers dozen half marathon and hang out in Kalamazoo for the weekend. I can't wait to get out of the city, breath in clean air, and run some miles! We have lots of additional plans, but I am MOST looking forward to being with my friends :)

Last but not least: my dad spoke on Sunday about Leaving a Legacy to those we have influence on in our lives. He is an exceptional speaker and an even better dad! Here is the link to the message on Sunday: IT ROCKS I suggest listening/watching the entire thing, but if you are pressed for time fast forward to 29 mins and you will be in for a treat. I shed quite a few tears after watching it 4 times.

cheers to 13.1 miles.
xo. e

Comments