Pumpkin Pancakes.

I had a great sleep last night and woke up refreshed and ready to take on this day determined to be super productive.
Last year Iowa Girl Eats made some pumpkin pancakes that were pretty divine. However, her recipe used a whole wheat pancake mix, and unfortunately I didn't have that on hand this morning. I love my mom's pancake recipe more than anything (even Swedish pancakes) so I wanted to incorporate the two. Folks... this is an Erica Carlson original recipe and it is delicious. I do not have to give credit to any other blog for these puppies! I am feeling pretty proud right now :)
 I ate all 4 of these...
 I love having coffee while cooking breakfast... gives you that extra boost


 phew! perfection.
 so fluffy, pumpkiny, cinnamony and delicious!

Pumpkin Pancakes
Recipe from the kitchen of ERICA!
Makes 8 pancakes

3/4 C Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp apple pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
MIX then add:
1 Tbls oil
1 egg white
1/2 C skim milk+ 1/2 T vinager (let sit for a min to make buttermilk)
1/4 C pumpkin puree

YUM! Say hello to fall... 

My family loves pancakes. My favorite Sunday's would be the ones where after church we would have breakfast for lunch. My mom would mix up the batter, get the sausage ready and make a fruit salad. As soon as we would hear the garage door (signaling my dad home from closing up the church) my mom would start the griddle. There was always so much anticipation waiting for the pancakes to be done. Today I am grateful that we ate as a family everyday. Life is built around the table. Phones are away and there is no where to hide. 
My mom is in Utah on a girls trip this weekend and my dad LOVES pumpkin pancakes. Dad, I wish you were sitting around the table enjoying these with me.

xo.
erica


Comments

  1. Just made these for breakfast. Kids loved them and Linnea was pretty impressed you made up the recipe. :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts