Skip to main content

Black Bean Soup: e-z!

This is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and I had to go back and look into my archives to see if I've already posted it. According to my calculations, I haven't, but please stop reading if I've already shared this.
In College I had the best small group leader named Angie. She is a gem of a person, stunning, compassionate, giving, lover of beautiful things, cooking, and people. She would often feed us poor college girls and this recipe comes from her. She found it in a REAL SIMPLE magazine when they were still doing "fake it, don't make it" articles (why don't they do those anymore?). I have made it countless times, for countless amounts of people. My sister and I are seriously addicted. When I looked up the recipe on REAL SIMPLE's website today, I realized I've been making it wrong all these years, so technically this is an Erica Carlson original. Any way, this is PERFECT for meatless Mondays, tasty Tuesday, wild Wednesday, thirsty Thursday (hello, add a margarita) or fancy Friday... aka, it's perfect for ANY day of the week.


Black Bean Soup
adapted from REAL SIMPLE
serves 4-6 people

1 Container of fresh salsa (pico de gallo variety)
2 cans black beans
1 can refried black beans
1 cup chicken broth

- Drizzle a little EVOO in pot and heat, dump in the fresh salsa and let simmer a couple minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, some jalapenos, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips....

This meal is perfect on cold night, it's healthy around 300 cals and 20 grams of protein and is incredibly fast and easy.


ENJOY!

On a side note, Sten was asked to lead worship at CREW 2012 up in Lake Geneva WI over the weekend. It was a nice get-a-way and the band ROCKED. I felt a little ridiculous taking pictures, but I was a really proud wifey in the back row. My husband is a serious stud.

 xo. erica.

Comments

  1. Can already tell this will be a new staple! LOVE how easy it is and LOVE all the black beans (they're key for lowering cholesterol!). On my grocery list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! its is a perfect quick warm meal on a chilly day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment