Skip to main content

Crockpot Applebutter.

I wish I could bottle up the smell wafting in our apartment right now. All day long the crockpot has been on working its magic.
I've always loved the apple orchard. It just feels so Minnesota. It feels like the fall activity that no one should ever miss. While in MI last weekend, we stopped off the side of the road at a little Fruit Stand and I bought a bag of baking apples.
After peeling, chopping, and spicing. I let the apples sit in the crockpot for 10 hours and out came applebutter! It reminds me of mornings at home in the fall. My mom's homemade toast smeared high with applebutter... Nothing better.

 the finished product. I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

 I forgot to take a picture while IN the crockpot, but those really never turn out anyway....

RECIPE:
adapted from about 50 different websites.

14 apples peeled and cored.
cinnamon
cardamom
apple pie spice
grated lemon peel
1 T lemon juice
1/4 C sugar
1/3 C brown sugar

cut up apples, mix with spices, lemon and sugars. cook on low heat for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.

ENJOY!

The big news in our house last week was that our coffee pot stopped working- first the heating pad went out, and then there was this mystery signal that just kept on beeping and not letting us make coffee. I think I was more sad than Sten. It was a wedding gift and one that we literally used everyday- it didn't even last 4 yrs. Sten and I were beside ourselves. After MUCH researching, we decided to go big and got the BUNN. I am already in love and feel as though my morning has been taken to a whole. nother. level. I was SO excited about it, that on Tuesday morning I got up at 5:30am so that I could make banana chocolate chip muffins to go with our coffee. I know Sten doesn't look that excited in the picture, but that is the most excited I have EVER seen him at 6:15am :)

2 more sleeps and I am in MN! I get to see my all my favorite people and bask in the glory of the motherland.

xo. e

Comments