Skip to main content

chocolate chip cookies.

Sten and I had a great day. It kicked off with a Vikings WIN and ended with Amazing Race and BBQ Chicken Pizza with homemade crust and bread sticks. I haven't made dough from scratch since discovering Betty Crocker's "just add water", and I am now convinced that kneading the dough for 7 minutes is totally worth it.
In between I made a Shutterfly book of our Michigan vacation and baked chocolate chip cookies. I can't believe I haven't put these on the blog yet! This recipe is THE reason I grew to love baking so much. I have this recipe memorized. The story is my mom found this gem on an off-brand chocolate chip bag and we've been using it ever since. These cookies are chewy, salty, sweet and delectable.











RECIPE: Chocolate Chip Cookies
from the kitchen of: Mama Print

- 2 sticks margarine
-1/2 C sugar
-3/4 C brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 egg
-2 1/4 C Flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

cream margarine and sugars, add vanilla and egg. mix dry ingredients and add to sugars. add choc chips and stir. drop by heaping table spoons onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 7-8 mins.
*the Print home prefers their cookies less done rather than crispy. I tend to take the cookies out when they don't look like they are done and then let them cook about 1 more min on the pan before transferring to the cooling rack.
ENJOY!

In other news: what a wonderful November thus far and there's so much more to come!
Here are some updates:
 I know this isn't technically November, but seriously? How cute is this little monster?!?! I couldn't help it.
 I took the Metra to Winfield last weekend and met up with my college girlfriends at Kate's home for a sleep over. How lucky am I to be friends with these ladies?
 Last NPU soccer game :( We lost against our rivals wheaton, but it was a perfectly chilly fall evening for a game.
 On Friday night Spark Ventures annual fundraiser took place downtown at the Cultural Center. Its such an inspiring event and I am thankful to be a part of it.

Friday, Sten and I had a hot date at Muvico. We saw ARGO. SOOO good. Life with Sten is fun. After weekends like this, I am so thankful Sten is my man and the one I get to spend my life with.

Hope you have the ingredients to make the cookies. You will not be disappointed! xo. e


Comments

  1. Hey Erica, do you have to use margarine or can you use butter? Have you tried both and noticed a difference? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that margarine makes them more chewy, and butter makes them a little crunchy... but the flavor is great either way :)

      Delete
    2. Just made these - perfect cookie! Thanks for the recipe!!

      Delete

Post a Comment