Almond Cookies

After baking and celebrating Christmas with friends last night, the only thing missing is the SNOW! I can't believe we don't have a spec on the ground in Chicago and it is December 9th!
Oh well! These cookies sure get me in the mood to celebrate the season. Sten's family celebrates Christmas with a Swedish Smorgasbord, lots of presents and lots of family time. I didn't know there were so many Swedish foods until I went to my first Carlson Christmas and was Swed-a-fied.... These cookies are something my mother-in-law makes every year, and I just LOVE them. They melt in your mouth, they are delicate, beautiful, and so delicious there is absolutely no way to eat just one.
 The key ingredient.

 Buttery, sugary, light, fluffy dough.



 Roll. Press. Bake. Cool.

 Decorate!






Almond Cookies
From the kitchen of: Meredith Carlson
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies

Cookie:
1 Cup Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Almond Extract
2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
_______

Glaze:
1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Almond Extract
4-5 tsp. Water
_______

Sliced Almonds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat butter, sugar and almond extract. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
Roll into 1 inch balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4 inch with a buttered glass dipped in sugar.
Bake 7-9 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
Let cool. Mix glaze ingredients. Frost a couple cookies at a time then top with slivered almonds. The frosting sets quickly, therefore, top while you go.

Enjoy and....
God Jul!

xo.
erica.



Comments

  1. these look so good, Erica. I may have to add them to my Christmas cookie list this year :)
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today, Erica. My family loves them and so do I. Plus they couldn't have been easier to make. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad you liked them! They are a crowd pleaser :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts