Skip to main content

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Happy December! What a wonderful month as we anticipate the birth of Jesus Christ! I love all that Christmas brings and I am excited to celebrate with Sten's family at the end of the month. This week has not felt like December. The last 3 days have been as high as 70 degrees... Sten and I even went for a run in shorts and t-shirts! I love it! I have no complaints, I know that the snow will come and will stay for many months to come.
I have no idea where I got the recipe for homemade tortilla chips, but it was pre-pinterest and pre-blogging. These are a great alternative if you want a super duty crunchy chip with your favorite pico. Sten and I made these Sunday and I had visions of a Mexico beach with the sun crisping my skin ahem January 7th can't come soon enough. I hope you will enjoy these as much as we do.

With only 3 ingredients you can't go wrong!





Homemade tortilla chips:

5 corn tortillas
Oil
sprinkle of salt

Preheat oven to 450. Lay tortillas out on baking sheet, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Flip and repeat on the other side. With a pizza cutter cut each tortilla into desired size (we do 8ths). Bake for 4-5 mins, take out of the oven and flip, bake on the other side another 4 mins... cool and ENJOY!

Our home is officially ready for Christmas:
 
I painted this last year, and was pretty excited to add it to our Christmas decor.



xo.
Erica

Comments

  1. I pinned the tortilla chip idea for later--thanks! your home looks so cozy, and your sweet God Jul painting is perfect.
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment