Skip to main content

chocolate chip cookie bars.

Its a rainy evening here in Chicago. Sten's out of the house and I had big plans in my head to clean and go to bed to early and enjoy my quiet night in. Maybe I'll still be able to mark those things off my list when my next surge of ambition hits!
I can't believe this is the last week of January. What a great month! Sten and I rang in the new year together and then flew off to Mexico to chase the waves and bask in the sun. How incredibly awesome is that?
February is one my favorite months. Super Bowl, Ground Hogs Day, Valentines Day, Presidents Day, My Birthday, Short month.... whatever it is, there is just something about February that I've always loved.
Last night Sten and I watched Downtown from Sunday (a little surprised!) and Biggest Loser. We got into the habit of eating something unhealthy while watching BL with Bryce and Ryann when we lived in Colorado. At their house it would always be Dark Peanut M &M's or scotcharoos. At our house it was whatever sweet treat I felt like baking that week. We really haven't gotten away from that tradition. So in light of BL last night I whipped up a batch of these delicious bars. They remind me of home and my sister and I have both agreed no one makes them like my mom. But, oh well! Please enjoy these! They take so little time and are SO worth it.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
From the kitchen of: Laurel Print

1 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup Brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix first 5 ingredients. Mix flour, baking soda and salt, combine with butter mixture. Add Chocolate Chips. Spread into a 9 x 11 baking pan, greased. Bake at 375 for 15- 20 mins.

YUM!









It's Wednesday tomorrow! YES! One day closer to the weekend!

xo.
erica.

Comments

  1. these bars look delicious!
    we just started watching Downton, and I'm hooked.
    and about Groundhog's day...I am hoping to go to see the actual groundhog event on Saturday if the weather is okay (it is only a half hour from us!)
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment