Zebra Cake

Phew. Saturday. Hasn't felt this good in a long time. This was an unusually long week. I don't know if it was because the CTA was under construction, or if it was because Sten was under some major stress with all the stuff he needed to do, or if it was just an off week, but I was so glad when 4:30p rolled around yesterday.
We had some friends over for dinner and I made Thai Chicken Pizza. Which is always a Carlson fam favorite. We played some games and then had cake for Andrew's birthday!
I was a little bummed about the way this cake turned out. I was pretty excited about it when I found the recipe, however, it was kind of dry and wasn't very sweet. I don't know what I did wrong. It looks pretty awesome, so I still wanted to post the recipe. I think next time I made this type of cake, I would use a different batter/ frosting. This recipe came from Bakergirl.


Sten is in a Seminary seminar all day today. I have quite the agenda for myself this morning and then I am headed out to Geneva to celebrate my mother-in-laws Birthday with family. Double celebration weekend. :)

"When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." John 10:4

I have been loving the Jesus Calling devotion Lauren gave me for my Birthday. I want to know my shepherds voice- especially during this crazy time of the unknown. This is my prayer for today.

xo. Erica.

Comments

Popular Posts