Skip to main content

Sopapilla Cheesecake.



It has been a whirl-wind of a week! I can't believe July is over and August is here. Summer is flying by.
Last weekend Lauren and Elin came to visit. We had so much fun! Despite the below average temperatures we still managed to visit: The Menomonie County Fair....
 The Cottage Winery.....
and go out to a few local hotspots to eat. On Saturday night, Sten's Grandma, Aunt and "Brave Uncle Dave" (Elin gave him that name) came over.
 It was so awesome to visit with them! Sten grilled and I made Sopapilla Cheesecake. This recipe came from my sister- and we were so in love with it that I had to post it. I hope you enjoy!
Sopapilla Cheesecake:
Servings: 12
Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (I used light), softened
1 C white sugar
1 tsp Mexican vanilla
2 (8oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
___
1/2 C white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350, Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth
Unroll the cans of crescent rolls and use a rolling pin to make (2) 9x13 rectangles. Press one on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the cream cheese mixture, then the remaining crescent roll dough.
Prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture and dot the mix over the top of the cheese cake.
Bake 30 mins.
Drizzle with honey if desired
Cool completely before cutting into squares.

This recipe is SO easy and really tasty!

Monday -Wednesday Sten and I were up on the North Shore on a camping trip with the youth group. It was so fun to be away and hang out with the students and the leaders. We hiked, swam, ate camp food and slept in tents- wish I was still there!
I am feeling great and getting more and more excited to meet our little girl in *hopefully* 8 weeks :) We have been working hard on getting the nursery ready and last week we painted her room... our newest addition was a dresser AND a glider!
I bought this dresser at a thrift store in town and put a fresh coat of paint on it. I love the way it turned out. I already filled it up with all the pink little outfits we've been gifted and it just makes this whole process that much more fun!

xo.
Erica

Comments

  1. the sopapilla cheesecake looks amazing!
    I love the dresser you painted for baby girl!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious Sopapilla Chessecake (and nice and easy to make too). Thank you for sharing Erica.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment