waffles.

While unpacking boxes back in June we had quite a few things that hadn't been used for the 3 years we lived in Chicago. My thought was, if we went without it for 3 years, do we really need it now? One of those things was a waffle maker. My mom said in her sweet little voice- "oh, I think you'll want to keep it, don't you think you'll use it?" and Sten said- "ya- Saturday morning waffles!" So glad I listened to them, because it is totally worth the space it takes up in the pantry.

I found a great recipe on All Recipes and just LOVE it. One great thing about this waffle recipe is it makes enough for 6. The remainder you can freeze and pop in the toaster for a "Saturday morning" on a random Wednesday!

I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. I think in the fall I may add a little pumpkin...






Saturday Morning Waffles

2 Eggs
2 C. Flour (you can use white or wheat)
1 3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Oil
1 Tbls Sugar
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon (my addition)
1/2 tsp Vanilla

1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla- just until smooth.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix into hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

I have some major organizing to do today. I want to make sure everything is in order before our little girl gets here.... I also need to pack my hospital bag! Yikes! 2 wks to go!

xo. Erica

Comments

Popular Posts