Skip to main content

The best ever French Bread

During "soup season" aka winter there is nothing like warm bread and olive oil to accompany a steamy bowl of soup. The other night I found the best french bread recipe from Keep Home Simple, to go with our chili. This recipe is so easy, so fast and SO good you'll never be buying a baguette at the grocery store again!

Ingredients (I halved this to make one loaf and it turned out perfect!):
  • 2 1/2 Cups Warm Water
  • 2 T. Yeast
  • 2 T. Sugar
  • 1 t. Salt
  • 3 T. Oil
  • 5 1/2 -6 Cups Flour
Sprinkle the yeast and sugar over the water and let it sit for a couple minutes until it starts working.
Add the salt, oil and flour and either knead the dough or use our dough hook attachment until the dough is smooth and kind of pulls away from the bowl.
Let the dough rise for about 15 mins. I usually turn my oven on to 170 degrees, stick it in there and then turn off the oven, it rises quick.
Turn the dough onto a silpat or a greased cookie pan and bake for 30 minutes at 375.
ENJOY!





 I think the polar vortex is coming to an end this weekend! So ready NOT to be inside! Lucy and I need some fresh air and a walk on the lake. This weekend we are also heading out of town to meet up with Sten's side of the family and celebrate a late Christmas. I love that we live close enough that we can do this type of thing. We are really looking forward to this little getaway. 

Lucy's cousins are coming over for a play date this afternoon. I hope they will forever be the last of friends.

I hope you'll make this recipe. Sten and I both said it was the best bread ever-- you will not be disappointed.
xo, 
Erica

Comments