Skip to main content

Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies

I had EVERY intention of winning my families "no-sweets" challenge. I thought for sure I could do it, and then all the sudden I lost ALL my will power. I am blaming it on the fact that we all got to cheat for my Birthday and my mom made my favorite cake in the whole world. Once I got a taste of that sweet frosting, I was toast. I broke my fast by baking a chocolate cake for my neighbors son, and making a cupcake for myself with chocolate buttercream frosting. Totally worth it.

Now that I am back to baking, I tried Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies, which I found on Pinterest. They are not overly sweet and I almost found them to be a great pre/post run snack or breakfast. Chia Seeds are a power food and WebMD defines them by saying: chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
If you're looking for a health[ier] sweet treat, these could be your solution!


The recipe can be found HERE

In other news. Lucy will be SIX MONTHS on Thursday. WHY. IS. TIME. GOING. SO. FAST. ??
I remember when the newborn diapers were too big for her. I have been so sentimental lately. I am totally going to be the mom who sobs dropping her kids off at the bus stop. But for now I will just cherish these winter days at home with my little Lucy bear. 




XO. edc

Comments

  1. I got teary eyed visiting potential preschools for Matthew… just a heads up, because I felt like a total weirdo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment