Skip to main content

Mother's Day Banana Bread ++

I made banana bread this morning and while it was baking: Lucy was napping, windows were open, I was cleaning, and the smell was AMAZING. I highly recommend this recipe, make it for your mom for Mother's Day. It is grand.
Banana Bread: from My Baking Addiction
2 C Flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 t cinnamon 
1/2 butter
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 1/3 C ripe bananas mashed (abt 5)
-----
Topping:
1/4 C flour
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T butter

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla, and banana. Mix. Add in dry ingredients. 

Pour in bread pan. 

Using a pastry blender mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over bread dough. 

Bake 60-65 mins at 350. 

YUM!
Before going in the oven. 

YUMMMMM!!!!
We had a great weekend! We traveled down to Rochester for the NWC annual meeting where we got to see some awesome friends, drink Starbucks and walk around Target. (We are easy to please). It was a great little getaway and Lucy loves when we travel and see new places :)

At Starbucks IN Target. Haha

LOVE those rolls!
On Sunday afternoon we went to the park and enjoyed the sunshine. Lucy went on her first ride in the swings! Happy girl! 

She loved it! 
I made the bow in her hair, as well as this skirt, out of one of my old shirts. She looks so cute in it!

On Monday I did my last long training run for the Get it Dunn half marathon. Sten was out of town so I had to take Lucy. She slept the entire 12 miles!!!! What a trooper!!! Best running pal ever. 
When she woke up she was just so cute!! Love this little nugg!

Hope you try this banana bread!
XO
Erica

Comments

  1. Can't wait to try this bread! Sounds so delicious.

    Also, how did you make the skirt??? Is there a tutorial? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellynne! I didn't follow a pattern or tutorial.... I just folded down a 1.5- inch seam, sewed it down, threaded the drawstring through, sewed it together and turned it right side out. Ha, does that make sense? XO

      Delete
  2. The banana bread looks amazing with brown sugar topping!!
    I love the skirt and bow you made!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment