Skip to main content

SIX

We celebrated 6 years with dinner and a movie the day after Thanksgiving. That's so us. Low key. We like being together and we are savers, so the thought of spending money to stay downtown when we could stay for free at my mom and dad's didn't make a whole lot of sense to us. Of course we came to that decision after lots of back and forth- one thing in our marriage that has never changed. We. Are. The. Worst. Decision. Makers. Ever. It came out in our pre-marriage counseling and now we mostly just joke about it. Something that makes us, us. We've had one of our best years yet. Getting to spend a whole year doing "firsts" with our girl Lucy. When it's just the 2 of you, there is no way to know how much more your heart can expand until it doubles in size with the addition of a baby. There are significantly less "us-ies" this year, but the times that we have been, just the 2 of us, have been some of the most special memories yet. We are so grateful for all the wonderful people who have offered to take Lucy so we can spend time together.
I can't believe it's been 6 years! I can remember the anticipation of getting married to Sten like it was yesterday. I was so excited and even today I feel so blessed that God chose Sten to be my husband. Someone who can always make me laugh, knows my heart, sticks up for me (to no end) and is my biggest cheerleader.
We were discussing our favorite memory of the last year, and I said this one. We had found a little winery in Michigan and Lucy slept the WHOLE time in her carseat. We talked forever as we stared at the beautiful Michigan scenery. It was just one of those things I'll never forget.
Decorating for Christmas this year. Hot chocolate and twinkling lights. 

love you more (lum),
erica

Comments