Skip to main content

Our Soup Service Project

The last 10 weeks Lucy and I have been spending our Thursday mornings at church. She plays with new friends, and I have been involved in a truly awesome Bible Study with some of the best women in the world. Lucy and I love Thursdays. I can say for certain they are one of my favorite days of the week. Our first study was on the book Restless, by Jennie Allen. It was challenging and amazing all in one, and I really feel like I grew so much in my faith being around these women and hearing their stories. If you are feeling Restless in your own life and want to find purpose, this is a great place to start!
At the end of the study Jennie challenged us to GO DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING. and so, we took a Thursday and made 20 bags of soups to be frozen and handed out to people in need in our community who come to church asking for money or food. Everyone brought items and we had the best morning filling those bags and serving our community. It was so humbling to know that buying 5 cans of black beans, seems like nothing, but a warm meal can mean so much to people and being able to give in any way feels so good. It truly is more blessed to give than to receive.
Each week I printed out bible verses for the ladies to take home and the one that is just stuck in my head and literally taped to my computer is: "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Phillipians 1:21 I want this to be my mantra, my life verse and for Lucy to grow up with a mom living out this these words in tangible ways.

I took a few pictures and also have the recipes below. They are winners for sure :)
 all the soups and cookies, ready to be frozen
Here is where we meet every Thursday.... mixing, bagging and chatting!
 The black bean soup table
 the cookie table
the taco soup table

Thank you ladies, for a great winter semester of group and for being so willing to meet some needs in our community :)

Recipe links below:


XO, erica


Comments

Post a Comment