Skip to main content

Almond White Cake + Easter

We had a wonderful Easter celebrating in CG with my family and then spending Easter Monday with cousins, and a visit to Great Grandma Carlson. I felt sick after eating too many jelly beans and treats including the MOST delicious Almond White Cake in the world. I am serious. It will be a forever recipe in our house. It was just the right combo of light and dense with a strong almond flavor. The cake itself isn't too sweet, but I made an almond butter cream frosting and I felt like it complimented it perfectly. I was so bummed that I forgot to take a picture, and left the leftovers at my parents. Here is a link to the recipe from allrecipes.

We spent a lot of time at Church over Easter week, and Lucy got to go on 2 Easter Egg Hunts back in the children's wing. She was all warmed up for a hunt at Gma and Gpa's. It was so great to watch her find those eggs and be excited.

 A pre-Easter activity was getting these kids together and painting eggs. It was messy and awesome. Lucy, Maci, Georgia, and Chase

 egg hunting with dad

 Grandpa stuffed those eggs FULL of treats. Lucy was in heaven.
 telling Grandma about her egg hunt.
 We had a REALLY difficult time getting a picture of the 3 of us.... Lucy was being funny and I thought this one of us laughing was a keeper.

The next day Lucy got to hang out with her cousins and it was so nice to have Sten around after being busy the week before Easter. I cherish those days off :)

XO, 
ericac

Comments